EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES IN CHILDREN’S CULTURE
Panel discussion by Globe Art Point
Friday, 22.4. 22
12:00 – 13:30
What are the current cultural barriers that prevent children in Finland from learning and developing on an equal level? What can we do to improve these existing structures to ensure that equality and diversity is also present in children’s art and culture? In this panel discussion, we discuss the accessibility and diversity within children’s culture from the institutional, municipal and pedagogical point of view.
- Mercedes Balarezo; an independent dance artist and pedagogue
- Laura Gazzotti; Co Founder & Artistic Director in Kolibrí Festivaali- Kulttuurikeskus Ninho ry
- Pirjetta Mulari; Chief of Children’s Culture, Director of Annantalo
- Aleksi Valta; Executive Director at Association of Finnish Children’s Cultural Centres
- Moderated by Maikki Kantola; Regional Artist of Cultural Diversity at Arts Promotion Centre Finland (Taike)
GAP ART SUMMIT 2022 is the first in a series of art conferences organised by Globe Art Point in collaboration with the association’s partners and stakeholders. This year’s summit has been organised together with Luckan Helsingfors and supported by the Arts Promotion Centre Finland (Taike), The Swedish Cultural Foundation in Finland and The Culture, Leisure Division of The City of Helsinki.