We are an independent information centre and meeting point for foreign-born artists and cultural workers. We advocate for equality and accessibility within the Finnish art and cultural sector. Globe Art Point is situated in the center of Helsinki, in Finland.
WHAT DOES THE GLOBE ART POINT DO?
1. Collects and distributes
- Labour and field related information: Helpful especially, but not exclusively, for foreign born artists and cultural workers in Finland. Information provided on issues such as art & culture organisations and institutes, current and future projects, funding, labour legislation, and the tax system in Finland.
- Data (artists’ database, surveys) on foreign-born artists resident in Finland and their situations.
- Surveys and research on cultural diversity, immigration and current situations in the field of arts and culture in Finland.
2. Supports artists & cultural workers
- Advisory work, workshops, support groups.
- Networking, discussions, events and seminars.
- Developing bridges between artists/cultural workers and art & cultural institutes (G.A.P Lab – G.A.P. Info).
- Normalising programmes with a high value of diversity and artistic quality.
- Offering a space where to create community and develop network and projects.
3. Acts as an advocate and representative of foreign-born artists residing in Finland
- In cultural-political decision making and development processes.
- In Nordic-Baltic and other global networks.
Globe Art Point is supported by:
- in 2017 by Finnish Cultural Foundation, Ministry of Education and Culture and Helsinki City Cultural Office.
- in 2018 by Helsinki city, Ministry of Education and Culture and Finnish Cultural Foundation.
- in 2019 by Helsinki city, Ministry of Education and Culture and Finnish Cultural Foundation.
- In 2020 by Helsinki city and Finnish Cultural Foundation.