The core mission of Globe Art Point is advocating cultural equity, diversity and inclusion in the arts and cultural sector in Finland. G.A.P also serves as an information centre and meeting point for artists, cultural workers and arts and cultural institutions in Finland.
Our focus is on Finland-based professional artists, cultural workers and cultural entrepreneurs with diverse backgrounds being acknowledged and their untapped potential fully utilised. G.A.P, together with our stakeholders and collaborators, is dedicated to improving the existing structures and building a society free from cultural discrimination or any other form of oppression. Our goal is to create constructive and action-driven dialogues with the entire society, from local grassroots to the national level.
WHAT DO WE DO?
1. Act as an advocate and representative of foreign-born artists residing in Finland
- Is part of cultural-political decision making and development processes.
- Promotes public discourse on the role of equity and inclusiveness in the arts and culture sector in Finland.
- Contributes to building strong, organisation-based coalitions among the arts and cultural sector in order to support more inclusive legislations (funds, re-distribution, cultural status, civil rights).
- Active in Nordic-Baltic and other global civil organisation networks.
2. Support artists & cultural workers
- Advisory work, workshops, support groups.
- Networking, discussions, events and seminars.
- Developing and sustaining bridges between artists/cultural workers and art & cultural institutes (GAP LAB – GAP INFO).
- Normalising programmes with a high value of diversity and artistic quality.
- Promoting good practices and dialogue to accelerate the changes within the field of arts and culture.
- Offering a space for community building, networking and projects.
3. Collect, mediate and distribute information
- Labour and field related information: Useful especially, but not exclusively, for foreign-born artists and cultural workers in Finland.
- Information provided on issues such as art & culture organisations and institutes, current and future projects, funding, labour legislation, and the tax system in Finland.
- Surveys and research on cultural diversity, immigration and current situations in the field of arts and culture in Finland.
- Mediating between foreign-born artists, art & cultural institutions and policy makers.