In this taxation support group, we will look into the practicalities of filing artist taxes. Participants are encouraged to send questions before the first workshop and bring their own specific tax issues to the second workshop. The requirement for the second part is attending the first part.
Topics covered include (among others):
– Differences in taxation for different kinds of artist income
– How to file different kinds of grants
– Deductions for an artist: studio rent, work trips, materials, technical equipment, etc.
– What if my deductions are bigger than my taxable income?
– International income
– Correcting mistakes in the final decision
Place: Globe Art Point,Malminkatu 5, map
Date and time: 17th & 25th April 2019 from 3’30 pm to 6’30 pm
Registration deadline: 10.04.2019
Riikka Kuoppala is a visual artist and filmmaker. She received her MFA from the Finnish Academy of Fine Arts, and also studied in Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh, USA and Le Fresnoy – studio national des arts contemporains in Tourcoing, France. Her artistic practice consists of short narrative films, video installations and socially engaged projects. Her work has been exhibited, among other venues, at the Gothenburg International Biennial for Contemporary Art; Fondazione Sandretto Re Rebaudengo, Turin; Le MAGASIN, Grenoble; Kiasma Museum of Contemporary Art, Helsinki. Kuoppala is currently pursuing law studies in University of Helsinki.