WHAT IS ARTIST’S SALARY AND HOW MUCH ARE YOU ENTITLED TO BE PAID FOR YOUR WORK?
The topic of fair pay is very hot in the field of art and culture these days. Why? Well simply because everyone should be paid for their work! The problem is that there is no unified wage for creatives in Finland. Every art field has a slightly different wage guidelines based on the type of employment/gig. In consideration also comes the individual’s education, work experience etc etc.
On this page you can find links to the salary recommendations, contract templates, exhibition fees and other guidelines for artists and creatives based in Finland. The information has been collected from Taike’s Campaign for Fair Art, Artists’ Association of Finland and other Finnish and International unions for artists and creatives.
PERFORMING ART (dance, music, theatre, circus, live art)
OTHER USEFUL LINKS:
- The ABC of a Good Internship – a Guide to Internships in Cultural Production This guide helps both a student and an organization to agree on fair internships. Templates for internship and employment contracts are appended to the guide.
- Art for social services and healthcare
- Artists as guest speakers
- Minimum salary recommendation for holders of master’s and bachelor’s degrees in arts, history, literature and cultural subjects
- Arts and cultural sector Employment terms 1 April 2020–30 April 2022For other employment materials, guidelines and recommendations, please visit taku.fi.