September 16th, 2020 / 10-12:00 pm
Welcome to Morning Coffee at G.A.P, an informal event organised by Globe Art Point in cooperation with the City of Helsinki on Wednesday, 16th of September from 10am to 12pm. In this episode of Morning Coffee at G.A.P, the new Director of Culture Mari Männistö will present the Helsinki Vision for Art and Culture 2030. The vision was recently published by the Art and Culture Vision Committee and presented to Mayor of Helsinki Jan Vapaavuori. The presentation will be followed by discussion and a Q&A session.
During the presentation, Männistö will discuss the key points of the vision and explain for example:
- What role do art and culture play in the development in Helsinki?
- How do we all contribute to the creation of a common spirit in Helsinki?
- What are the proposed measures to achieve the vision?
- What are the projections on cultural funding in Helsinki in 2030?
- What will Helsinki-based artists live on in 2030?
- What will be the significance of art for Helsinki in 2030? Who will it be for and what will be the effects of art and culture on people’s well-being?
- Will Helsinki become a multilingual city by 2030?
Due to the COVID-19 situation and G.A.P’s space limitations, we can allow a maximum of 20 participants on site. If you are interested in attending this event, please register with this online form. Deadline for registration is 14th of September at 4pm.
You can find us at Malminkatu 5, 00100, Helsinki.
You can find us easily: when you enter Malminkatu from Runeberginkatu/Kamppi metro station turn right, G.A.P is at the end of the street on the right side, located in a pink building.