Welcome to the WHERE ARE WE NOW? seminar
on Thursday 16.11.2017 at 9.30-15.30 in KokoTeatteri (Hämeentie 3, 00530 Helsinki)
The seminar, organized in collaboration with Globe Art Point and Taike (Arts Promotion Centre) pursues a better understanding and awareness of our diversity inside the art and culture fields in Finland and by using a more horizontal approach, explores integration vs. accessibility and structural forms of exclusion.
Seminar language will be English.
Please registrate latest in 14.11.2017: https://goo.gl/forms/BsypJ184fRE24lBq1
9.30 Registration and coffee
10.00 Opening & welcoming words
- David Kozma, chairman, Globe Art Point
- Marja Helander, chairperson, National Council for Mobility and Diversity in the Arts, Arts Promotion Center
- What is Globe Art Point? Kemê Pellicer, project coordinator, Globe Art Point
10.30 From definitions to actions
- Terminology: Why it is needed and who does it serve? Giovanna Esposito Yussif, curator-researcher
- Challenging the question of integration vs. accessibility. Outi Korhonen, Accessibility Expert, Culture for All Service
11.15 Common problems derived by structural forms of exclusion in the art field
- David Kozma, theater director-actor
- Roxana Crisólogo, poet
- Ismaila Sane, musician-pedagogue
- Ndjara Rasolomanana, dancer-choreographer
- Martta Tuomaala, visual arts
13.15 Workshops (coffee served)
15.00 Conclusions: Where do we want to go?
15.30 Closing Words, Tomi Purovaara, managing director, Globe Art Point