FAIR PAY IN ART AND CULTURE
Panel discussion by Globe Art Point
Friday, 22.4. 22
14:00 – 15:30
How many times have you been offered visibility for your hard work? Have you ever done a gig or an exhibition in exchange for material goods; posters, event tickets or lunch? In this panel, freelance creatives and cultural producers revisit their experiences from “voluntary” work in the art and culture field and discuss the vulnerable situation many foreign-born professionals find themselves in in order to be hired or seen. A Taike officer will also introduce their Fair Art Campaign.
- Angela Aldebs; freelance dancer and performer
- Mad Ice; singer-songwriter, music producer
- Aura Lehtonen, lawyer at The Artists’ Association of Finland
- Anne Lehtelä, Taike’s ‘Fair Art’ campaign project manager
- Moderated by Myriam Munezero; Chairperson of Think Africa ry
GAP ART SUMMIT 2022 is the first in a series of art conferences organised by Globe Art Point in collaboration with the association’s partners and stakeholders. This year’s summit has been organised together with Luckan Helsingfors and supported by the Arts Promotion Centre Finland (Taike), The Swedish Cultural Foundation in Finland and The Culture, Leisure Division of The City of Helsinki.