INDUSTRY PANEL: IT’S ALL ABOUT COPYRIGHTS
Do you want to make a movie or have you previously done one but you are still not entirely sure how the copyright process work in Finland?
Globe Art Point and HIFF – Love & Anarchy 2020 are hosting the seminar INDUSTRY PANEL: IT’S ALL ABOUT COPYRIGHTS on Monday, September 21st at 16:00 at Nordic Culture Point, Helsinki and online. The event is free of charge and will be held in English.
The seminar will take place during the Love & Anarchy Film Festival and approaches different angles of the copyright system regarding Finnish film. Andrea Reuter, producer of the film Tove, will open the event with the most significant keynotes about the Tove Jansson biopic copyrights process. The experts from some of the most important institutions of the field will tackle topics such as the relevance of the rights agreements and management from the different edges of the film copyrights. Lasse Saarinen, CEO of Suomen Elokuvasäätiö, will be in the audience, in case any specific question will be raised.
– importance of rights management
– copyright agreements with all possible rightholders
– timing of agreements
– signed pdf files instead of paper copies or using electronic systems such as Docusign
– registering trademarks, such as registering the name of the film as a trademark and licensing trademark for merchandise
- Andrea Reuter, producer of Tove (Zaida Bergroth, 2020)
- Antti Valkama, Account Manager of Teosto
- Maria Rehbinder, Senior Legal Counsel of Aalto University
- Teemu Kalliala, Executive Director of Audiovisual Producers Finland APFI
- Kaarina Silvennoinen, Executive Counsel, SELO
- 16:00 Welcome words from HIFF – Love & Anarchy & Globe Art Point
- 16:10 Introduction to the panel and keynotes by Andrea Reuter, producer of Tove
- 16:15 Seminar
- 17:00 Q&A
- 17:15 – 18:00 Networking & coffee
Link to the registration (there’s a possibility to submit questions for the speakers when you register). Deadline for the registration originally set for September 14th has now been shifted to September 17th.
Due to the COVID-19 situation the limited capacity at Nordic Culture Point is 40 people. If you are attending remotely, we will provide you with a link to follow the seminar online after the registration closes. The seminar will be streamed on the Nordic Culture Point (Nordisk kulturkontakt) Facebook page.
Please note: All participants must register.
For more information:
Alex Kollerová, Project Coordinator, Globe Art Point. Tel. + 358442386941, firstname.lastname@example.org
Founded in 1988, the Helsinki International Film Festival – Love & Anarchy has been held annually ever since. The aim of Finland’s biggest film festival is to promote the artistry of filmmaking alongside inventive, groundbreaking and visually stunning new films. Bringing together different viewpoints and people, supporting local talents and screening films from artists around the world is at the core of the festival. Annually, HIFF also invites important filmmakers to speak about their work and meet both audiences and industry professionals.
Learn more about HIFF.