We are creating a database of professional non-Finnish born Artists’ and culture workers, the aim of this database is to help and promote their work, as a tool for giving visibility and facilitate to Institutions on the sector to find experts with this specific feature.
How does it work?
We open the application period twice a year (2018: 01-31 May and 01-30 November)
The applicants would be selected by the current board.
We will promote the database among our partners* and other institutions or programs consulting us for non-Finnish born artists’ and culture workers.
How to apply?
Fill this form including your CV (until 31.5.2018).
If your application is accepted you will receive a confirmation email to fill your profile during June 2018.
- How should I prepare my CV?
The best format to send your cv is as a PDF file. Don’t forget to include in it your contact information email, website and the city of residence. You can take a look at this article on how to make a CV (on visual arts) as one example of what to include or how to order it.
If you are a visual artist attach your portfolio to your Cv in a PDF file, 5 images will be enough.
If you are a musician, sound artist or a composer be sure of including links to listen to your works.
- I am not a visual artist, Can I apply?
Yes. The database is meant for artists’ and workers on the art field (literature, music, circus, visual arts, performing arts, producers, etc)
- Do I need to be a member of Globe Art Point to send my application?
No. The database is open to members and no members.
- Will I become a member of Globe Art Point by being in the database?
No. You will receive our newsletter to be informed of opportunities and activities (which you can cancel at any time) but you will not be affiliated with the association as a member. You can find more information about membership here.
- Where can I contact you?
*Globe Art Point works as an active member/partner of the following associations and networks:
- Arcadia-seura in the Parliament of Finland
- Arts Equal, associated partnership
- Circus Information Centre, information collaboration
- Culture for All, AVAUS project partnership, board membership
- Cupore, AVAUS project partnership
- Finland´s science & culture institutes network, information collaboration
- Finland´s Festivals, information collaboration
- Finnish Literature Exchange FILI, information collaboration
- Finnish Museums Association (Museoliitto), information collaboration
- Finnish Theatres Association (Suomen Teatterit ry), seminar partnership on diversity in the Finnish theatre field (20.8.2018 Tampere Theatre Festival), information collaboration
- Forum Artis, membership
- Goethe Institute, partnership in the seminar in Tampere Theatre Festival 10.8.2018
- Helsinki Festival, Juuret & Roots event at Amos Rex 20.8.2018 & long-term audience development collaboration
- Luckan, information collaboration
- Music Finland, information collaboration
- Music Promotion Centre MES, information collaboration
- Musician´s Union, information collaboration
- Stop Hatred Now, associated partner: Week against racism seminar day (14.5.2018, Kiasma)
- Suomen Taiteilijaseura, information & seminar collaboration
- TAIKE, information & seminar collaboration
- TAKU Union, collaborative partner: advisory events, information collaboration
- Theatre Centrum/Teatterikeskus, cultural political collaboration
- Theatre Information Centre TINFO, information collaboration
- Titaanit, an informal network of the ”free” performing arts field, working group member: ongoing cultural political program work
- Union of Theatre and Media Workers (TEME), seminar partnership on diversity in the Finnish theatre field (20.8.2018 Tampere Theatre Festival)